[SATLUG] Happy Holidays for a Hardware Hacker!

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 20:26:40 CST 2012

Hi SATLUG!

We have a friend coming to visit for Christmas.

My wife took a look at all the stuff in what she now calls "our second
bedroom" (I call it "my office") ...then she asked (I call it
"insisted") that I make room for an actual bed in that room.

As a result I have a boatload of hardware that needs a new home.

My bad luck is your good luck!

Here's a listing of what I need to part with.  I'd like to make this a
bulk deal if possible.

Computers:
* HP Vectra, 256MB RAM, boots ubuntu, 20GB HD I think
* Awesome AsusMB based home-built - 2GB RAM, boots ubuntu, 60G HD (I
think) with hw manuals
* Another AsusMB based PC with no hard drive, with hw manual (has a
CDRW and a DVD drive)
* a SHARP SL-5600 handheld Linux computer w/ manual, CD, dock, USB, 2
chargers (works)

MANY Peripherals/Cards:
* an IBM PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, and a Microtek C593 flatpanel monitor
* Airlink 101 4-port KVM switch for VGA, PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse,
with all cables and quick-ref card
* HP DVI->dual VGA splitter cable
* ATI Radeon vid card w/ SVGA and cable to drive 2 VGA monitors
* various other graphics cards
* IOGEAR usb to VGA adapter w/ CD and manual

Drives:
* Project NAS (for parts - no drive)
* 2x 20GB drives w/ sleds
* portable USB CDRW drive

Networking equipment:
* SpeedStream DSL modem, DSL splitter, cables
* Cisco 10/100 8-port workgroup switch
* Airlink 5-port 10/100 switch w/ cables
* 2 wireless nics w/ antennas
* NIC and Modem cards
* Trendnet TU-ET100V usb NIC w/ CD and manual
* Netgear WGT624 v3 108Mbps wireless firewall router
* Netgear N150 ADSL modem + wireless router DGN1000
* half dozen+ loose CAT5 cables

Other:
* Kenwood car stereo w/ removable face place, remote control, wiring harnesses
* RCA digital TV antenna

I live about 5 minutes away from the old datapoint Rackspace office.
I work (at the Castle) S/S/M/T so reviewing options are (a) evenings
around 8pm S/M/T or anytime W/Th/F.

I'd like to get $200 for the whole lot.  If you're interested, please
let me know.

Kind regards,
-Paul Reiber
Phone: (210)854-8253