[SATLUG] Python

Robert Waldo rjw6844 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 06:07:17 CST 2012

I haven't found anything local either.  The guy who lectures on
lynda.comwas difficult to follow.  So far the best courses I've found
were online.
 Codeacademy.com   has a a good starter course.  Udemy.com has at least two
courses, "Python the hard way" and "MIT 6.00 Intro to Computer Science and
Programming" which uses Python for its coding.  Last but not least,
Coursera.com has several coding courses using Python.  With Coursera you
will have to wait for the next course to start.  I just  finished a course
based out of University of Toronto.   It was very challenging - I learned
more from it that all the other online courses combined.  Hopefully that
helps, good luck with finding something local.  Let me know if you do.