[SATLUG] Python

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Dec 23 10:11:29 CST 2012

On Dec 23, 2012, at 6:07 AM, Robert Waldo quoted Dylan Nelson:

>> I am looking for any Python training available here in Sat Antonio. I am
>> not seeing any courses offered via Alamo Colleges or from the
>> major universities here in town. Does anyone know of python training
>> specific classes in San Antonio ?

Speaking as a member of the team that helps maintain the mail system for python.org, I know there are multiple Python-related groups in Texas.  The page at <http://wiki.python.org/moin/LocalUserGroups#Texas> lists local groups in Dallas, Austin, and Houston, as well as the state-wide group.  One thing I've found about most people in the Python community is that they tend to be very open about questions and helping people, or at least trying to provide useful resources for more information, if they are not able to help directly.

Have you checked with any of the PUGs?  If there is enough interest, it's easy enough to get another PUG started, if you wanted something that was specifically local to San Antonio.  Just send a message to postmaster at python.org and we'll create the list for you, and there's more information on starting a group at <http://wiki.python.org/moin/LocalUserGroups#Starting_and_Running_a_User_Group>.