[SATLUG] Rolling your own router w/Linux (questions)

rabie at rabie.net rabie at rabie.net
Fri Dec 28 11:24:29 CST 2012

it's pretty much the standard concept, use hostapd app
(http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostapd/) to convert your wireless adapter to
an AP.

it is described here :

make sure you have the following apps installed :

Another Source explaining how to set it up.

sure your NIC supports AP mode and Linux. check Madwifi, HostAP and
RT2x00 sites.