[SATLUG] Rolling your own router w/Linux (questions)

rabie at rabie.net rabie at rabie.net
Fri Dec 28 11:24:29 CST 2012

it's pretty much the standard concept, use hostapd app
(http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostapd/) to convert your wireless adapter to
an AP.

it is described here :

http://exain.wordpress.com/2011/03/31/making-a-wifi-hotspot-access-point-using-linux-wifi-lan-cardusb-adapter/

make sure you have the following apps installed :

http://mj.ucw.cz/sw/pciutils/

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Tools.html

Another Source explaining how to set it up.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessAccessPoint

make
sure your NIC supports AP mode and Linux. check Madwifi, HostAP and
RT2x00 sites.

Cheers