[SATLUG] RE:WINE

Nathan Oxhandler nathan at gvtc.com
Wed Feb 1 13:51:46 CST 2012

I have installed the version of WINE for Debian Squeeze. I was able to use the CD for CadRail to do the install.

There is an Icon on the desktop, just like in Windows. Clicking on it did nothing. Went to the WINE site and am following the 'How To'. Tried starting the program in a terminal. Get the error message: 'install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET executables'.

Just to keep from screwing things up, I want to check on this. At the Mono web site,
http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html
There is a Windows 2.10.8 Do I download this and then run it in WINE to install it? Will WINE put it where it can find it? According to the WINE 'How To' they say it should show up at: c:\windows\mono\mono-1.0 or c:\windows\mono\mono-2.0

Nathan