[SATLUG] RE:WINE

David Salisbury david.salisbury at momentumweb.com
Thu Feb 2 18:38:36 CST 2012

>  I believe my last post gently guided Nathan away from
>  using WINETRICKS.  The idea of wine tricks is to utilize
>  DLLs from proprietary Microsoft for which you do not have
>  license to run under WINE and use them anyway.
>
>  This is illegal according to the Microsoft EULA.

But doesn't installing Mono with winetricks just use a DLL from the
Windows *Mono* install, not a DLL from the actual Windows system
libraries?  I think it's "mono-2.0.dll" or something of that nature.  Or
does the EULA say that nothing compiled as a DLL can be used on an OS
other than Windows or something?  Maybe the DLL I mentioned above links
to a Window system DLL somehow?
-David