[SATLUG] Hardware Stress Testing

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Fri Feb 3 22:22:50 CST 2012

Hey Alan..

I'm not sure what's on the burn-in distro (sounds interesting), but when I
need to burn in hardware, the only util I've used over the past 12yrs has been
CTCS:
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/va-ctcs/

It independently tests CPU, RAM, Harddrives and is very
scriptable/controllable. I once scripted it (at a Rackspace data center) to
differentiate between a hardware RAID card and a RAID backplane failures. Very
powerful.

For a few years, it's what Rackspace used to bench-burn new server builds b4
going into the DC.

Good tool.

Tweeks