[SATLUG] Job opening: System Analyst II at UTSA

buddylee48 buddylee48 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 16:23:27 CST 2012

https://www.utsajobs.com/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp

*Position Information:*
* Title of Position:* Systems Analyst II
*Requisition Number:* 20120062
* Department Posting Name:* Center for Simulation Visualization & Real Time
Computing
*Description of Job Duties  Typical:*
Manage two LINUX clusters for SiViRT Computation Center and its Advanced
Visualization Lab core facility.
Consults with departmental personnel for problem definition and management
requirements.
Analyzes source documents, data base structure and management report
requirements.
Defines systems improvements.
Defines programming requirements and programming organization.
Provides necessary documentation and consultation for implementation of
system.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Periodic:
Presents systems studies to user personnel.
Assists in training lower classified analyst personnel.

 If you click the "Search Staff Postings" link on the left side and choose
the "Position Title" for "System Analyst II" you should find this opening.
I will be graduating within a year and UTSA will need someone to manage two
high performance clusters. One being the VizWall
<http://vizlab.utsa.edu>(which doubles as both a visualization cluster
and a computational cluster)
which I personally built and manage and the other being Shamu, a
computational cluster currently managed by UTSA OIT.

Read the job posting for more details, but we are looking for people with
experience managing linux clusters. If you have any questions feel free to
ask (on or off list), I am just forwarding this to SATLUG because I know
there are several talented people here.

Cody Lee