[SATLUG] Ubuntu wireless passwords

Katie resourcefulsquirrel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 21:33:07 CST 2012

Hi, all-

I am fairly new to using Linux, and I have a Ubuntu system (running 11.10, although I had the same problem with 10.04) that does not remember my wireless password.  Other than moving in to the office where the system is set up and re-entering the password overtime it logs off the wireless router (a wired connection is not an option), I don't know how to make it 'remember' the wireless password so it can stay logged in.  I need this to be 'up' as close to 100% of the time as possible.

Any advice?  Is there a Ubuntu setting that I am simply missing?  Perhaps this is an issue that I am simply using the wrong terminology when I try to Google for a solution?

Thanks,
Katie