[SATLUG] Ubuntu wireless passwords

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 18:50:04 CST 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Katie <resourcefulsquirrel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all-
>
> I am fairly new to using Linux, and I have a Ubuntu system (running 11.10, although I had the same problem with 10.04) that does not remember my wireless password.  Other than moving in to the office where the system is set up and re-entering the password overtime it logs off the wireless router (a wired connection is not an option), I don't know how to make it 'remember' the wireless password so it can stay logged in.  I need this to be 'up' as close to 100% of the time as possible.
>
> Any advice?  Is there a Ubuntu setting that I am simply missing?  Perhaps this is an issue that I am simply using the wrong terminology when I try to Google for a solution?
>
> Thanks,
> Katie--

Are you using the Wicd Network Manager?  If so, there should be a
Refresh button at
the top when you bring up the GUI tool.  When you click on refresh,
you will see all
available WiFi nets.  Open the Properties menu for your network and enter the
pass key for your brand of encryption (hopefully WPA2).  Does any of
this fit your
situation?

Howard