[SATLUG] Re: Ubuntu wireless passwords

rabie at rabie.net rabie at rabie.net
Thu Feb 16 14:00:52 CST 2012

I would use NetworkManager.

it has the dbus notification feature which tells your mail client to go
offline when the Network is not available.

as far as not remembering passwords you might delete the files in the
keyring folder :

under ~/.gnome2/keyrings  in case you use gdm.

or you can do a right click on network manager and choose 'edit
connections'. then under the wireless tab select network connection and
press edit.
Mark the checkbox that says "make available to all users" because it
might be some permission issue.

do not install wicd, if you do so remove NetworkManager from the
startup to not have resources conflict.

so why Network Manager is better then wicd is like I mentioned in my
above comment about dbus notifications, and also supports VPN connection
wicd doesn't.

have a nice day.