[SATLUG] Question about Google's new privacy policy

cdv7 at sbcglobal.net cdv7 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 22 12:16:18 CST 2012

Greetings,

Please offer your thoughts on the following:
I am concerned about Google's plans to change its privacy policy
beginning March 1^st . As I have a Google account which I have not used
in a while - as I prefer Thunderbird, would it be advisable to cancel my
Google account?

Please respond soon, as the deadline is rapidly approaching.

Thank you.
~cdv -- new user

P.S.
I tried to search the Internet for more information about this but could
not come up with anything. However, I did hear on the radio that two
politicians, a Democrat from Massachusetts and a Republican from Texas
were jointly trying to stop this move on Google's part but again, on the
Internet I could not discover anything.