[SATLUG] Thanks, Update, and Request

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 23 14:16:32 CST 2012

I wanted to thank all of you who have helped over the years with our Computers for Refugee Families program.  You have been very generous with your time, talents, and equipment and the families and I deeply appreciate your help.

If you include an orphanage, some small churches in the Valley, and the refugees, we have made over 120 working computers available.  This has allowed refugees to learn the language faster, do internet research, and keep in touch with family members back in their country of origin.  School-age children have been assisted in homework preparation and children of all ages have enjoyed access to the games made available.

Now for the request.  Two laptops were donated recently and both need power.  The MPC Transport T2400 has a battery, but no AC power supply to recharge it.  The Toshiba Satellite 1735XCD has neither a battery nor a power supply.  That means I can't even find out if either of them is serviceable. If anyone has any of these pieces that are just gathering dust and occupying space, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for all the help.

Art Hall