[SATLUG] SATLUG Distribution Poll

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 06:18:53 CST 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 12:29 AM, Michael Endsley <
michael.endsley at collegeplus.org> wrote:

> I can't bring myself to try and beat Gnome 3 into submission -- not that I
> really used Fedora much anyways, and I don't like Ubuntu's Unity much
> either. I can work with it, though, once I am familiar with all the
> shortcuts and employ my trusty Launchy. At work I primarily touch RHEL &
> Debian/Ubuntu, but all of this via SSH. I used CentOS to locally replicate
> some RHEL configurations for testing. My personal laptop has Arch Linux
> w/KDE running on it.
> --

 Then use Cinderella, a fork of Gnome. It's whats used in Linux Mint by
default, but it can be installed in other distros.

To be honest, the first time or two I used Gnome 3. I hated it. I even
switched over to XFCE for a little while then fluxbox. They are OK, but
lacking too much for my taste. I decided to give Gnome 3 another try with a
newer version also, and I'm using it and liking it. I think Gnome 3
continues to improve just like KDE4 was a disaster at while still in early
development but improved greatly.

Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

Gnu Privacy Guard Key Fingerprint = 3E1A 9103 EF3D 4885 6866  E9DE C69F
18B3 E13B 0909

Web: http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com
Jabber: recursivequicksort at jabber.org