[SATLUG] Open Source Fest

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 08:48:46 CST 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 6:24 AM, Christopher Lemire
<christopher.lemire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any info or plans on the Open Source Fest coming up yet such as
> approximate time, what kind of events will be there, how long it will last
> etc.
>
> Christopher Lemire <christopher.lemire at gmail.com>
> Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

We had some interest in this about a year or so ago,
but there were nay-sayers so it fizzled.  This kind of event
would require 3-4 people to each take on function.  Maybe
one for recruiting speakers/sessions, one to interface with
Rackspace and coordinate rooms and scheduling, and
one to do advertising and promotion.  At that time the
Rackspace folks were interested in supporting it.

My opinion is that we should direct the fest toward new
users and getting people started with Linux.  I would
favor 2-3 sessions of installfest as a part of the event.

Who would be interested in working on ANY sort of Linux-
fest or Open source fest?

Howard
--
Howard Haradon