[SATLUG] Weighted Center

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Sat Feb 25 16:58:43 CST 2012

Did you ever get a response? I asked a cartographer about a package in
R. He stated "Depends on what you want. Geographic center = center of
mass for a uniform distribution of points. If the points are in a "C"
configuration, like in an archepeligo, the geogrpahic center will not be
in the mass of points. I can't find the name for some reason, but the
package built for "Applied Spatial Data Analysis with R" by Bivand,
Pebesma, and Rubio has some nice centriod adjustment models. Good luck."