[SATLUG] Raspberry Pi Project Ideas

Doug Mendizabal dougmendizabal at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 23:52:01 CST 2012

I hope I can get one.  I'm sure the first batch is going to sell out quick.
 Here's what I was thinking about doing with mine:  I inherited an old
X-Arcade (http://www.xgaming.com/) a while back.  Last year I replaced all
the buttons with happ competition buttons and fitted a couple of Sanwa
sticks.  Once I get the Raspberry Pi, I'm going to mount it inside the
stick, rewire the the whole thing to use USB (thinkinkg toodles or the
x-arcade usb pcb), then hopefully figure out a way to get the linux distro
to run mame on bootup so that I can have a portable mame machine that I can
plug straight into any TV. =D

But even if I don't get around to doing all that, I think just having one
to play around with would be fun.

-Doug