[SATLUG] group permissions

Chuck learstar at satx.rr.com
Mon Feb 27 12:58:53 CST 2012

My name is Chuck Lowe.  I Just signed up today.  I am relatively new to
Linux and I am presently using Ubuntu 11.10 on my machine.  I am in the
midst of studying permissions and group management.

I can't seem to get a handle on the understanding of how the computer
interacts with the users in a group. Is there a book out there that can
describe the structure of a group and how it provides security ?

In other words I'm looking for a source that can show me step by step
what takes place when you setup a group.  How it works, and why the
group provides more security than single users working on a project
individually.

Thankyou,   Chuck Lowe
                     learstar at satx.rr.com