[SATLUG] A few more privacy questions

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Feb 28 18:47:46 CST 2012

A quick and dirty encryption of a single file (or an archive of files)
can be done like this:

gpg -c filename

It will prompt you to enter a password.

The program will not delete the original file, just create a copy
that is encrypted. So you should manually remove the un-encrypted file
after you have verified that you can extract it again. To extract,
just type:

gpg filename.gpg

I suspect you can get a windows client for gpg, but have never looked
for one.

-b.