[SATLUG] Changes in Linux

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:29:28 CST 2012

Its been years since I have as well...  root, boot, and home are the only
ones I always do these days, with var and tmp occasionally depending on the
system.

That being said, being able to share the /usr partition across multiple
systems is one of the things they specifically mentioned in the original
proposal in the Fedora Project's UsrMove feature (where I believe this
"movement" started), which in theory should include network mounting as
having an expensive clustered direct filesystem for that would not be the
most common way to do it.

That being said, I don't see them specifically address how it would be
sharable, just that it would be.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsrMove

-greg