[SATLUG] gvtc ssl connections

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 23:42:00 CST 2012

also, able to get to aces login screen, but unable to authenticate as i
have no account.  So did quick port scan:

[root at ehnintre ~]# nmap -P0 -p443,8008,8080,8443 aces.alamo.edu

Starting Nmap 5.51 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2012-01-14 23:39 CST
Nmap scan report for aces.alamo.edu (209.184.119.202)
Host is up (0.0048s latency).
PORT     STATE    SERVICE
443/tcp  open     https
8008/tcp open     http
8080/tcp filtered http-proxy
8443/tcp filtered https-alt

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.33 seconds

If GVTC is bthe ones filtering the other ports and you need those for
access, then there ya go...

8008 is their tomcat server but its not ssl.. usually tomcat ssl is 8443,
which was filtered.

http://aces.alamo.edu:8008/ (alamo.edu needs to turn off their default page)

-greg