[SATLUG] gvtc ssl connections

Nathan Oxhandler nathan at gvtc.com
Sun Jan 15 08:06:46 CST 2012

Please be aware that GVTC does no do it's own internet, they contracted it out.  They are on the second company to run it for them.  The current one is: synacor.com  They also do the 'Technical Support'.

I have had several problems with them over the last 12 months, and they DO NOT CARE.  If any of you are GVTC members, we may have to take the problem up with the Board at the next annual meeting.  Talking to people at the GVTC Headquarters on 3159 does no good.

If you use Linux they blame it on that.  If you do not use IE they blame it on that.  Their problem is I have a Windows 7 machine with IE and all updates right next to my Linux machine and it has the same problems.

If you go to the mygvtc.com 'home page', "Log In', anyone can sign up for a GVTC e-mail address even though we are supposed to be a COOP where you have to become a paid member and pay a monthly fee for your internet to get an e-mail account.

Nathan