[SATLUG] gvtc ssl connections

mark mark at kandm-solutions.com
Sun Jan 15 01:00:03 CST 2012

yeah It seems less ssl directly related and more related to less common
ports. In the past GVTC has mainly just blocked web servers(port80) and
mail servers for their internet customers. I don't know what is going on
with them now. I had been wondering about their packet inspection
activities and also whether they're doing some kind of transparent
proxy. I don't have alot of issues getting to the aces log in screen,
its during and after the log in process where issues come in. I plugged
directly into the wall to eliminate any configuration issues with my
router and other networking configurations. The issues are still there
when plugged directly into the wall and having the 69. address on a
laptop so I know it is nothing on my end. I may give them another day to
straighten it out, but classes start on the 17th and I need my class
pages to work right. I'll be giving them another, this time not so
pleasant call on Monday if I still can't access sites I need. I am still
having issues getting to Bank of America also. There main page usually
loads ok, but when I try to go to the sign in page it falls apart.