[SATLUG] Hardware Stress Testing

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 17 20:57:19 CST 2012

Alan Lesmerises wrote:
>Is anyone aware of some kind of software suite that will stress test
>various aspects of a system (like for burn-in testing of new hardware)?
>I'd like to know that a new system I just put together will be ready for
>me to put into full-time use before I migrate all my files, etc.

Do you think something called StressLinux would do?
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=stresslinux

It's a live CD that includes the usual system tools plus some burn-in
utilities. I used it last week to beat on a server I'm getting ready to
deploy. StressLinux even includes a default SSH server, so I could run
the tests from a warm bedroom while the server suffered in the cold
garage.

http://www.stresslinux.org/sl/