[SATLUG] Hardware Stress Testing

Marek Garst mgarst60 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 29 23:41:11 CST 2012

I had an issue with my pc recently. To make a long story short, I was getting drive errors which turned out to be dirty memory contacts. Swapping the two sticks between sockets was enough to fix the issue. To test the system I found a down loadable CD called Ultimate Boot CD. It contains a bunch of freeware and shareware programs for testing systems and partitioning drives. Something to add to your toolkit along with stresslinux.

Thanks, Mark