[SATLUG] July 12th, Thursday Meeting

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Jul 5 15:45:13 CDT 2012

On Jul 5, 2012, at 1:23 PM, Borries Demeler wrote:

> Does anyone know what tool was used to record this tutorial video:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4z7f2_BpBA
>
> I was intrigued by the zooming capability.

Looks to me like a standard zoom function as provided by the windowing system, perhaps as part of a set of "Easy Access" features for visually challenged users.

You can do the same thing on OS X by going to the System Preferences, then selecting "Universal Access", then clicking on the "Seeing" button.  Select the radio button that enables zooming, and if you want to change the command-key assignments, you can do that by changing the key bindings as part of the Keyboard Preferences pane.

I've got things set up so that I can zoom in anywhere I want just by holding down the Control key and using a two-finger swipe down or up on the trackpad (swipe down = zoom out, swipe up = zoom in).