[SATLUG] July 12th, Thursday Meeting

Wes Henderson whendersonii at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 15:49:42 CDT 2012

I spent far too long on that video as it was my first attempt at such a
feat; eventually I got it to a "good enough" point and decided to move
forward. But I definitely noticed that:

     * We need more script rehearsal
     * I should have turned off the mouse highlight while in the virtual
machine, I believe that would have been less distracting
     * Perhaps I should use some kind of static watermark
     * I need to set it to maximum resolution

I had not previously considered adding an introductory slide and need to
look into this further; I will also add the software name to the title.

Additionally, how do you feel about transitions? I am indeed editing my
videos to trim the fat (I removed 42 seconds of the boot process for DBAN),
but I did not actually add any transition. In this case I think it was fine
because it seemed seamless/unedited. But this may not always be possible.

*Wes Henderson*
IT Consultant
Email: whendersonii at gmail.com

Find me on my website: weshenderson.info
And elsewhere -
     Google+ <https://plus.google.com/u/0/118217301983867537201/posts>
     Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/wes-henderson/41/3b7/a96>
     Twitter <https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?screen_name=whendersonii>

"Unix is simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity." -
Dennis Ritchie