[SATLUG] The *easiest* video streaming Don Davis

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:04:50 CDT 2012

On 07/23/2012 03:36 PM, Don Davis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like others to easily stream video from linuxserverA to
> linuxclientB when I'm not around. I just got VLC streaming working (..I
> had restrictive firewall policies I had forgotten about...).... However,
> it seems that it may have too many steps for others.
>

> Recommendations?
1) Documenting && posting (or link to) what you did would be nice. :)
2) Setting up a web page w/ video link that redirect one to vimeo, or
other related
   "video" sites is less complicated to setup && doesn't result in using one's
   monthly bandwidth allocation.
3) Video conferencing solutions:
   http://venturebeat.com/2012/07/23/vidyo-google-hangouts-videoconferencing-business/
   http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/27/blue-jeans-video-conference-browser/