[SATLUG] distccd, this time running in a 32 bit Sabayon VM

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 08:50:31 CDT 2012

Hello SATLUG, Because of all the potential problems I came across with
distcc in my other setup, I decided to install 32-bit Sabayon into
VirtualBox and use it strictly for distccd. It should solve many of my
problems I would of had using Fedora for distccd.

1. No cross compiling needed.

2. All the instruction for distcc are written for Gentoo mostly.
Sabayon is Gentoo based and has emerge, etc.

3. Exact same gcc versions

4. Sabayon because it has an installer. I should be able to put it in
a VM faster without Gentoo's long process. I don't need Gentoo
optimized for a VM that's not going be running at all times.

Now I am facing another problem I could use some help with. The
Sabayon installer is freezing every time at this same exact part of
the installer.
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/k6ogq1o5/Sabayon_Installer.png I
had also tried creating a partition table by using fdisk to create a
512mb swap. this hasn't seemed to solve the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

Gnu Privacy Guard Key Fingerprint = 3E1A 9103 EF3D 4885 6866  E9DE
C69F 18B3 E13B 0909

Web: http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com
Jabber: recursivequicksort at jabber.org