[SATLUG] Ruby Work Environments on Ubuntu 12.04

Estevan Pequeno estevan.pequeno at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 18:42:05 CDT 2012

How exactly do you mean "environment". What setup you use will be dependent
on the stack you'd like to use. Do you want your projects to be web apps,
native gui, or cli? Do you want the project to be pure ruby or would rails (
http://rubyonrails.org/) be something you'd find useful?

If you want to play around with different software stacks then RVM (
https://rvm.io/) would be useful to help isolate dependencies.

Vim is my choice also, the most effective learning tool I've found so far
is the program: vimtutor

Just enter vimtutor at your command prompt and the interactive tutorial
will begin, very useful since it's "hands on" and will have you perform
editing tasks to ensure you understand the concepts.