[SATLUG] Ruby Work Environments on Ubuntu 12.04

Michael Endsley michael.endsley at collegeplus.org
Sun Jun 24 18:47:57 CDT 2012

Sorry -- I will be using Ruby and RoR, and have used RVM to manage it. My
terminology is probably off. For "environment" I was referring to a coding
setup, like what plugins are useful for vim, what other editors might be
suggested, terminal managers (I have Guake and am going to learn to use
tmux), dual or single-monitor setups -- things like that. Let's assume I
could/will be doing CLI (favorite), GUI, and web app development at various
times. CLI and GUI local tools would be pure ruby, web app would be rails.
I might also give a shot at making browser plugins, for which I'd use
Javascript, instead of a web app. Fun fun.