[SATLUG] create home directory for an ldap user

rabie at rabie.net rabie at rabie.net
Thu Mar 1 08:09:24 CST 2012

Hello,

I m working on a centos box where I have to create some linux users
with their home directory, but of course when I use useradd it tells me
that the user exists, of course it's an ldap user, I tried to do usermod
but the error that the user doesn't exist in /etc/passwd so how can I
convert the ldap user to a unix/linux user where the user can have its
own home directory and shell ( basically an entry in /etc/passwd and
/etc/shadow )

Thanks

Rabie K