[SATLUG] create home directory for an ldap user

rabie at rabie.net rabie at rabie.net
Thu Mar 1 08:30:07 CST 2012

Thanks Kernel, I read it last night, we don't use NFS for home
directory.

I guess I found the way to do it, by editing the smb.conf
file and add the users I want to a group and that will generate
automatically a home directory for that user after the first
login.

Rabie K

On 01.03.2012 07:22, Kernel Architect wrote:
> This
should help you out....

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/tips0410.html

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:09 AM, wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I m working on a
centos box where I have to create some linux users with
>> their home
directory, but of course when I use useradd it tells me that the
>> user
exists, of course it's an ldap user, I tried to do usermod but the

error that the user doesn't exist in /etc/passwd so how can I convert
the