[SATLUG] Hacked!

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:58:33 CST 2012

The server was hacked this morning.  Thanks to Frank Huddleston we
caught it early.  The problem was that I put up a poorly designed script
that allowed an anonymous user to upload a file to a location that could
be executed.

My excuse is that I wrote the script in 2007.  Well that's not really an
excuse, but it's been sitting there since then.

The hack script that is uploaded can be reviewed at

I'm still reviewing it, but sing out if you see something interesting.

The only user accessed appeared to be apache and only the file changed
that I can tell was index.html.  I'll watch the site a little closer.

   -- Bruce