[SATLUG] Problems starting X

mark mark at kandm-solutions.com
Wed Mar 14 01:51:36 CDT 2012

Have you looked through the Xorg.*.log files for hints?

Does SUSE run SELINUX? Maybe its a MAC issue, if SUSE uses some version
of MAC (SELINUX or APPARMOR) check its log. Selinux is
usually /var/log/audit/audit.log.

I don't know if Suse is still using xorg.conf. If not you might want to
try generating one and putting it in place. Do a Xorg -configure in
failsafe mode and copy the resulting file in /etc/X11