[SATLUG] Re: [XCSSA] Fwd: [10BitWorks] Eimac vacuum tube hands-on presentation next Saturday the 24th

Geoff w5omr at att.net
Sun Mar 18 15:27:10 CDT 2012

On 3/18/2012 11:46 AM, Don Wright wrote:
> The latest netcast of This Week in Radio Tech has a "nickel tour" of a
> transmitter site and mentions the connection between tubes and quality.
> It's a "war stories" episode among radio engineers - other shows have
> featured famous industry people and the technology that keeps it
> working.  --Don

Well, that's an hour+ I'll never get back.  The transmitter that was
-in-use- was probably digital.
The story about a tube-transmitter was 'yet another' "war story" from
years past.

Broadcast stations in the US have been mandated to be digital using
either pulse-width or pulse duration modulation schemes.