[SATLUG] Re: [XCSSA] Fwd: [10BitWorks] Eimac vacuum tube hands-on presentation next Saturday the 24th

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 18 18:47:28 CDT 2012

Geoff wrote:
>Well, that's an hour+ I'll never get back.  The transmitter that was
>-in-use- was probably digital.
>The story about a tube-transmitter was 'yet another' "war story" from
>years past.
>
>Broadcast stations in the US have been mandated to be digital using
>either pulse-width or pulse duration modulation schemes.

Yes, however the narration mentioned using ANALOG standby transmitter,
and an analog mode on the primary as another backup mode. Sounds like
the mandate has more than a few holes in it.

Mostly mentioned it to remind the hollow-state cult their bottles need
frequent replacing to maintain factory specs, unless you want to derate
like ENIAC.