[SATLUG] FOUR Linux job postings in Austin
thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Fri Mar 23 12:40:26 CDT 2012
I don't personally know this recruiter, but he sounds legit. Pay rate
"will most likely be in the $40 to $45 per hour range" according to him.
Let him know you got this from me, if you would. Karma is never a bad
thing, you know?
Job description follows:
UNIX/Linux System Administrator
We are seeking (4) UNIX/Linux System Administrators for our Professional
Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day
operational support of the Client's UNIX environment. You will perform
systems monitoring, auditing and alert resolution as well as fulfillment
of user requests.
Skills / Experience Required:
* Proficient in infrastructure architecture of scalable, automated HPC
* Strong UNIX administration and troubleshooting skills on various
enterprise systems: Linux and Solaris.
* Should be proficient in understanding kernel mechanics, virtual
memory, process lifecycles, DNS, NIS, LDAP, AUTOFS, NFS, AFS, TCP/IP,
* Experience with virtualization technologies.
* Good understanding of enterprise level change and incident management
* Understanding of SAN/NAS and associated Protocols.
* Scripting knowledge (e.g. Perl, shell programming, Python, C).
Skills / Experience Preferred:
* Working knowledge of high-performance, highly-available computing
environments and integration of technical products into complex
environments. Financial Services/Enterprise experience is preferred.
* Must be a self-starter, a team player, and be able work in a fast
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written).
* Strong command of English.
* Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for
the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her
knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
* Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes
initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards
extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or
* Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates
with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to
participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
* Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in
a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
* Judgment and Problem Solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions,
plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies
clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyzes complex
* Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current
processes and develops creative solutions that are grounded in reality
and have practical value
** Must be U.S. Citizen **
Please email qualified resumes to fino at colletch.com.
Fino Alaniz | Corporate Recruiter
512.263.5500 x320 | cell: 512.663-9403
fino at colltech.com
More information about the SATLUG