[SATLUG] BASH script not writing to file

Michael Endsley michael.endsley at collegeplus.org
Tue Mar 27 17:28:28 CDT 2012

Would I be correct in assuming that if you were to redirect stderr to a
file/stdout, you might be able to get more information on what the problem
is? Or is this an instance where errors should be showing up without any
redirects? You can redirect stderr to a file with 2> somefile.txt or
redirect them to stdout (so you see them in the terminal upon execution)
with 2>&1. Hope it helps.