[SATLUG] OT -- Wireless Router

Jeremy Z zunkworks at gmail.com
Fri May 11 15:19:46 CDT 2012

I'm not a fan of the WET54G, you can't load 3rd party firmware, and I'm not
even sure they've kept up with adding WPA support. (I have 2 of the v1.1
devices in a junk box, they've been there for years now.)
I'd recommend getting a Linksys WRT54GL or any number of Ubiquity products
(NanoStation2, NanoStation Loco, PicoStation2, come to mind).
All of these support bridging if that's why you wanted the WET54G, they all
support 3rd party firmware too.
I don't have experience with the ASUS WL-520GU Wireless
Router<http://www.amazon.com/Asus-WL-520GU-ASUS-Wireless-Router/dp/B000R3BTDC>,
but I do know you can load 3rd party firmware and it's pretty cheap $43.

-Jeremy Z.