[SATLUG] Ubuntu 12.04 happy trip

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Thu May 17 01:06:00 CDT 2012

I was searching for a new distro from the frustration of 'Unity' but most irritations have been fixed in 12.04LTS.  The biggies for me are:

1. The launcher panel can now be sized from the change desktop dialog, R-click on desktop & at bottom is a slider to change those huge icons to useable & the default is now always on top. whew no more dodging panel.

2 the top panel is way better & list your open windows making it easy to switch the active.

3 Dash living in the top R panel is nice for bringing up the menus & file manager.

I think I can learn this new version now without a lot of cussing. Also there is a free admin guide here:
http://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2012/05/download-debian-administrators-handbook.html

hh