[SATLUG] Can Ubuntu be used to control a router

Marek Garst mgarst60 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 07:51:53 CDT 2012

I 'm not certain for your particular router, but I just went through this and I'm using openDNS primarily to do my blocking. They provide 2 DNS entries to set in the router, and with an account you can filter categories and specific sites! You shouldn't have to but I also purchased a linksys WRT router with tomato firmware because the reviews were good, and my old belkin router wouldn't use specifice DNS. By the way, OpenDNS, all free! Nowadays with so many devices in the home accessing the internet I found filtering at the router level the way to go ( Now to verify the neighbors wifi are set as secure ).
Mark