[SATLUG] Linux Ubuntu 12.04 Indexing File Manager?

John-Eric johnericno at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 16:22:05 CDT 2012

I switched from Windows XP to Ubuntu 12.04 in January 2012.

I've been generally happy except I can't find an indexing file manager
like everything.exe (www.voidtools.exe) on Windows.
Catfish using locate takes care of my file searching, but only opens or
runs the found files. I then have to "jump to" to open nautilus for file
management. I would like something like Catfish, but that also allows
you to rename, move, and delete. It would also be nice if it monitored
system changes to keep the index up to date. I don't need to search
contents, just file names.

Does anyone know of an indexing search tool that allows file management
or a file manager with searching that uses the locate database?

Thanks,
John