[SATLUG] Job opening for a PHP Web Developer

Nate Turnage pixelnate at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 10:45:06 CST 2012

The company I work for (andadv.com) is looking for a web developer. One of
my guys is  a .NET fanatic and is heading up to Seattle to seek his
fortunes in the Microsoft Pacific Northwest. As such we have an opening for
a web developer that prefers the LAMP stack.

We do mostly Wordpress sites with some CakePHP, Drupal and Joomla on the
side. And, while we can't offer a king's ransom (it is S.A. after all), the
ancillary benefits here are better than what you would get at some other
places, including a fairly low stress 33.5 hour work week, two weeks off
per year, and we always take the week of Christmas off. Not to mention that
the agency has been around for over 30 years and is probably one of the
most stable and solid companies in San Antonio.

You can view the job posting here: http://www.andadv.com/careers/

The details:

Web developer

We have an immediate opening for a Web Developer. Qualified applicants must
be able to hand code in standards-compliant HTML and CSS. Must have
experience with jQuery, or other JavaScript library and building
database-driven websites/applications using PHP and MySQL. Knowledge of
Flash and Actionscript a plus. Experience with Git or other code versioning
system also a plus.

Required skills:

   - PHP and MySQL
   - Experience with WordPress
   - HTML and CSS, including HTML5 and CSS3
   - JavaScript and jQuery
   - Entry-level experience with Flash including Actionscript 3

Preferred experience but not required:

   - Responsive web development
   - Experience with a source control versioning system (Git or other)
   - Experience developing Android, iPhone or PhoneGap apps
   - Experience with Cake PHP or other PHP MVC framework
   - Drupal or Joomla CMS

Please email resume and link to online portfolio to Kim Gresham at
kgresham at andadv.com