[SATLUG] October 10th Meeting

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 11:50:18 CDT 2012

Nathan Oxhandler wrote:
> I have heard from the person on his 3D printing presentation. It
> looks like he has a conflict that has come up and needs to postpone
> until November. Does any one have a presentation that they would like
> to put on for October?

I've done it before, but I can give a presentation about the Linux boot
process.  There are a lot of relatively new issues: grub2, initramfs,
sysvinit vs systemd.  Depending on detail, an entire presentation could
be made on each of these issues.

I would need to use someone else's computer, but put the presentation on
satlug for access.  I can create the presentation in OO, but save in
Powerpoint format if we don't have a Linux system available.

   -- Bruce