[SATLUG] Setting dns to opendns

Marek Garst mgarst60 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 30 08:46:29 CDT 2012

I had ordered a linksys router with tomato alredy installed, and received it yesterday. Much better, the opendns entries are working without getting the internet providers dns. Was able to verify filtering and tested blocking a site via opendns. All works well. Blocking is also an option on tomato but I haven't been able to get it to work yet.
Being geeky as all admins are, would like to try out Raspberry Pi sometime in the future. So far see it priced starting at $50 or so.
Thank to those who gave suggestions.
Mark