[SATLUG] Can't Enter My Password

Andy wg5o at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 2 20:59:57 CDT 2012

  *I'm your resident, ignorant desktop user who occasionaly surfaces.  I
put the following post on Ubuntu Forms, Installation & Upgrade.  So far,
no luck there.  I'm reduced to using my Eee and Puppy-powered, little
box.  I can't access any of my files.

Thanks,
Andy

can't enter password*
I upgraded 32 bit Ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04. When I click on my name at log
in it gives me no chance to enter my password, it just says "log in." If
I click on "avg," (whatever that is) it says "Password," and allows me
to enter mine, which is rejected. I can log in as "Guest," and the
installation seems otherwise good. If, as a guest, I go to system
settings, system, user accounts, my password is accepted, and I have
tried Automatic LO in both on and off, without effect.

I need to find a way to log in, or how to go back o 10.04.

Help!

Andy Pickens
San Antonio, TX