[SATLUG] Sept 13 Thursday Meeting

Nathan Oxhandler nathan at gvtc.com
Sun Sep 9 07:25:09 CDT 2012

Just a reminder of our meeting this month. As of now the topic for discussion is: Do we want to create an open source software project? Some of the items that will need to be covered:

Which project or projects?
Who will head up the project?
What program language would be used?
How to handle 'Bug Reports'?
Where to host the Source code?
What happens when everyone gets tired of the project and there is no one to update / fix 'Bugs'?
What is the proposed 'Time Line' from the start of the project to the first public release?
How often to 'update'?
How to handle the release numbering?
What 'Open Source' license to use?
We have one person for the October meeting willing to do a presentation on 3-D printing.

Nathan