[SATLUG] Open Source Project

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Sep 24 14:48:32 CDT 2012

On Sep 24, 2012, at 7:30 AM, Alex Brandt <alunduil at alunduil.com> wrote:

> Perhaps the right question is what open source projects have people started
> themselves or contributed to in the past that they can help others get
> involved in?

I've contributed to the NTP Public Services Project (see <http://support.ntp.org/>), and the Mailman project (see <http://www.list.org/>), as well as the Python project (see <http://www.python.org/>).  I've also had some involvement with Opscode Chef (see <http://www.opscode.com/>) especially including some of the open source cookbooks (see <http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks>).

The Assimilation Monitoring Project (see <http://assimmon.org/>, which currently redirects to <http://linux-ha.org/source-doc/assimilation/html/index.html>) is also in the early phases of getting started.  Alan recently did a very interesting talk at LinuxCon 2012, and we should hopefully have the edited video of that talk online very soon.

I know that all these projects can use help in a variety of areas, and if anyone is interested in contributing to any of them, I'll be glad to help put you in touch with the right people.