[SATLUG] Apache redirecting URLs with Gitorious installed

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 05:24:05 CDT 2012

I need a little help please from somebody who knows Apache well.

I followed the instructions here to set up Gitorious from source (uses
Apache), and it seems to have caused a problem with how Apache is
behaving.
http://famousphil.com/blog/2011/06/installing-gitorious-on-centos-5-6-x64

I installed on my cloud server. Whenever I try to access a user's
public_html such as http://cloudslice.no-ip.org/~bullshark[ , it
redirects back to [http://cloudslice.no-ip.org. I was told there could
be a hidden rewrite, not sure what that means exactly.

Even attempting to generate a 404 error by trying to access a file
that does not exist is not showing in the logs. I have log files under
/var/log/httpd/, but I think those are old and not in use anymore.

Here's some configuration files that might possibly tell an Apache
Veteran why this redirecting is occurring.

Is Gitorious trying to take over my entire Apache and expect only it
to be using Apache?

Log files:

These are the logs generated by requesting
[url]http://cloudslice.no-ip.org/~bullshark[/url]
In the file /var/www/accessgit.log

http://vpaste.net/Nt0Q2

There's also a directory /var/www/error/ containing these files.

http://vpaste.net/CJoJB

Config files:

/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

http://vpaste.net/x7tT3

Here's a list of files under /etc/httpd/conf.d/. If you think any of
them are relevant, tell me, and I will paste the contents.

[root at alpha conf.d]# ls
README  ssl.conf.disabled  welcome.conf  xsendfile.conf  xsendfile.conf_backup
[root at alpha conf.d]#

I think /home/git/gitorious/public is the www-root. And it does not
contain a .htaccess file. I found this one.

[root at alpha git]# find . -name '.htaccess'
./gitorious/vendor/plugins/ultrasphinx/test/integration/app/public/.htaccess
[root at alpha git]# pwd
/home/git
[root at alpha git]#

If there's any more information I can provide to help troubleshoot the
problem, then tell me, and I'll give that information. userdir is
enabled in httpd.conf, and I uncommented a code block for public_html
in the config also.

This is all running on a CentOS 6.1 x86_64 cloud server. at Rackspace.

Gentoo 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

Gnu Privacy Guard Key Fingerprint = 3E1A 9103 EF3D 4885 6866  E9DE
C69F 18B3 E13B 0909

Web: http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com
Jabber: recursivequicksort at jabber.org